In South Florida, we are blessed with pretty amazing weather from October – April, however living in a tropical paradise means rain and it gets hot! When you are looking for INDOOR FUN for your kids, Palm Beach has tons to offer! Check out our favorites below!
- Children’s museums
- My TOP CHOICE: Treasure Coast! Ok, so it’s a drive, BUT you can spend the ENTIRE day there. Bring your own food, enjoy lunch overlooking the water, and expect hours upon hours of imaginative, hands-on fun! $ – Adults & children 3 and over are $8.50, children 1-2 are $4.25. WORTH IT!
- Runner’s Up: Schoolhouse Children’s Museum in Boynton Beach and Boca Raton’s Children Museum. Boynton offers a lot of fun programs and discounted prices for members. Boca takes donations for your visit.
- Storytimes – Take advantage of this FREE indoor activity that all of our local libraries offer. My favorite story time classes are at the Royal Palm Beach, West Boynton, & Lantana branches. Wellington has a great space with toys for when your class ends plus TONS of boards books! Story times do NOT end in summer – check the link for specific days and times.
- LA-LA-Land – If your child likes to jump, climb, zip, and slide – then La-La Land in Boca Raton is the place for you! This indoor playground features slides, obstacle courses, and climbing structures. Additionally, there’s a soft play area for younger children as well! They feature a special seating area for parents to easily watch your kids play and *BONUS* you can also purchase drinks and snacks on site. BUT my favorite part is that they graciously offer a 10% discount to any teachers, police officers, fighterfighters, EMT’s, and paramedics. Thank you La La Land!
- Happy Place Kid’s Gym – From a zip line and trampoline to dress up clothes. Happy Kids Gym is a great place to spend some play time on a hot or rainy day! Located in Royal Palm, it is extremely clean and owned by the nicest people around! It’s just $10 per child and $8 per additional sibling. Children 11 months and younger are FREE with a paid sibling. Check out their Facebook page for specials and memberships are available! Don’t forget a pair of socks!
- Little Town Play – New to west Delray is this adorable play center featuring a separate toddler area, fire station, hair salon (whaaaat), diner, and plenty of Melissa & Doug toys to go around. You can bring your own food (YEAH!), but seating is limited as this isn’t the biggest space. Still plenty of fun, they have rave reviews on FB, and I HIGHLY recommend checking it out. $: Children over 6 months are $10 and siblings are $5.
- Wellington Mall has a small playground area if you’ve absolutely got to get out of the house. BONUS – pick up some Starbucks for yourself right outside of the food court. The Wellington Mall is also doing a ton at their LIVE360 Studio! This includes farmer’s markets and workout classes for moms, kids & moms and kids together! Make sure to check out their calendar on their Facebook page.
- Chick-Fil-A – Lake Worth South, Royal Palm Beach, and East Boynton Beach all have playgrounds, and you know you’re craving some nuggets and a milkshake
- Science Museums
- Children’s Science Explorium located at Sugar Sands Park. Located in central Boca Raton this indoor science center has a room filled with lots of hands-on exploration options. My son, who is 4, played for TWO hours. Just give a small donation for your visit.
- The South Florida Science Center and Aquarium is great for children of all ages and adults! Their mission is to “open every mind to science!” They also have a planetarium, a mini golf course and and tons events going on! Check out their website for discounts as well as membership options that can save you even more
- Kidtuitive – Full disclosure I haven’t checked this place out yet personally. I recently saw their post on Facebook and it looks like a very unique play place. Located in Boynton Beach, visit their facility and let us know what you think!
Did I miss any great indoor places to play? Drop me a note. We’d love to check them out!