We are lucky in Florida because our produce always seems fresh and in season, but tomato season is actually May-October. Our weather is warming up quickly so the less things we actually have to cook, the better…
I make this tomato salad all year long. It is refreshing, simple, healthy and delicious. It’s one of those salads that everyone eats with their fingers out of the bowl before it even hits the table! It is also perfect to bring to a friend’s house for a BBQ. It is always a hit.
- Two containers of grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 of a small red onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 or 5 basil leaves sliced
- About half of a block of imported feta
- A packet of good seasons dressing(will need oil, vinegar and dressing jar)
- Put tomatoes, onion, garlic, and basil in medium bowl.
- Break up feta and put in bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare good seasons dressing per directions on packet(you could also just use a simple oil and vinegar dressing. But the good seasons tastes so good with the tomatoes. And you can store any leftover dressing in the fridge and use it on your salads throughout the week.)
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and mix.
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***