Palm Beach summers are hot! I definitely encourage my kids to be outside rather than inside, but the afternoons are brutal. There is nothing like a cold drink to keep us all cool. When I was a kid we would set up a lemonade stand and make money we can spend on the ice cream truck or at the candy store. It was so much fun.
Set up a folding table in the shade and have some summer fun😎
But it is 2018, lets kick up the menu a bit!
- Iced tea/sweetened or unsweetened ($ .25)
- Arnold Palmer( .25)
Any of the above with a sugar rim is an extra $ .O5
- Fresh Fruit($ .50 per piece-banana, mango, orange, etc…)
- Baked treat($ .50 per piece)
- Make sure you buy decaf teabags specifically for iced tea. Brew it fresh per instructions on the box.
- Have sugar and other sweeteners available to sweeten if needed.
- I buy Publix lemonade because it’s delicious and I don’t have to squeeze a hundred lemons😳
- Iced tea with a “heavy” splash of lemonade
Sugar Rim(the BEST part)
- Have two small bowls ready. One with about 1/4 inch of water and one with sugar.
- If they want a sugar rim, dip the rim of the cup in water and then sugar. The sugar will stick to the water on the rim. They will get sugar with each sip😋
***Make sure you have a cooler of ice with a scooper to fill each glass. Put a lot of ice so it’s cold and refreshing!***
This is the perfect treat to make. It makes a lot and can be cut into individual servings! It is delicious and always a hit!
This is really simple and the only thing you’re really making homemade are the crumbs!
- • 1 box of yellow cake mix
- • 2 cups of flour
- • 2 sticks of COLD unsalted butter
- • 2/3 cup of sugar
- • 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- • 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- • 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- • Powdered sugar for sprinkling in the end.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Prepare cake mix as per directions on the box.
- 3. Pour in a greased 16 x 12 pan.
- 4. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 5. While the cake is baking, prepare the crumbs.
- 6. Mix together the flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.(If you have a sifter or strainer, sift the ingredients together)
- 7. Add the vanilla and mix well.
- 8. Add the butter and cut it in until crumbs form.
- 9. Sprinkle the cake with all of the crumbs mixture that you made.
- 10. Put the pan back in the oven for 10-15 more minutes.
- 11. Cool and sprinkle with a lot of powdered sugar.