Spring is in the air. Daylight savings time has given us more light at the end of the day and I love it.
This Strawberry Apple Pie tastes like spring to me. It is light, delicious, and refreshing. Strawberry season in Florida is from November to April. You can still make a trip to Bedner’s or The Girls to pick some fresh strawberries and use them for the pie. It can be a day of family fun and pie! What’s better than that?
This would be the perfect Easter desert.
I got the recipe from my sister, who got the recipe from her friend. I believe she got it from Taste of Home. So now I’m passing it on to all of you.
It tastes amazing paired with cinnamon whipped cream. It’s so simple and a must.
Strawberry Apple Pie
- 3 1/2 cups of thinly sliced peeled tart apples(I used Granny Smith this time which I think are more sweet than tart, but it tasted yummy)
- 1 1/4 cups of sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- Pillsbury pie crust(you will need one for bottom and one for top)
- Cinnamon sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to bake 450.
- In a large bowl combine the apples and strawberries.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Combine sugar and flour. Sprinkle over fruit and toss lightly.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with bottom pastry. Trim it even with the edge of the plate.
- Add the filling.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling.
- Trim, seal, and flute edges.
- Cut slits in the top.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the pastry. I put a generous amount.
- Cover the edges loosely with foil or even better a pie crust shield.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350; remove foil and bake an additional 35-40 minutes. It is done when the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Cool and top with cinnamon whipped cream!
***My post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Click here to shop your favorite Pampered Chef Products.
Click here to shop some of my favorite items.