I used to make this salad years ago. I’m back on an arugula kick and love it! It has a spice to it that I love and can stand up to grilled steak or chicken on top. If steak is involved, my boys come running. School is out for the summer in Palm Beach County and we have the grill going a couple of times a week. This is one of the simplest dinners you can pull together and everyone will enjoy it.
- Trader Joe’s BBQ Rub & Seasoning with Coffee and Garlic
- Any thin steak of your choice(I like skirt steak or thin sliced sirloin) OR chicken breasts is you prefer.
- 1 package of arugula
- 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons of Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup of Grated pecorino romano cheese
- Generously coat your steak(or chicken) with the Trader Joe’s seasoning. Let it sit for an hour or so in the fridge.
- Preheat your grill and cook to your liking.
- Tent with aluminum and set aside while you prepare the salad.
- In a large bowl add the arugula, olive oil and grated cheese.
- Squeeze the juice from your lemon over the arugula and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss lightly and lay in a large, flat serving dish.
- Slice the steak thin and lay the pieces over the top of the salad.
***My posts contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Click here to shop some of my favorite items.