Palm Beach County starts school August 13th. Let’s face it. After a long summer of hanging around with no stress, getting back to school is tough. The first couple of weeks are draining on the kids. They are getting back on a schedule, getting adjusted to new teachers, new classes and new friends. Sometimes I wish I could hang out at school just in case they need their helicopter mom🤷🏻♀️. But I can’t and they certainly won’t let me now that they are getting bigger.
Starting each day off right with a healthy breakfast will help keep them focused and healthy as they get back in to the swing of things.
My new favorite smoothie bowl can be used for breakfast, after school snack or dessert! They are super healthy and can be prepped for the whole week. This is not only something my kids grab out of the freezer. My husband and I always grab them on the go.
Two things that I recommend to make this prepping easier are a powerful blender and paper cups for freezing.
This basic Ninja blender is my favorite kitchen item! It can stand up to any frozen fruit!
I ordered these cups on Amazon and can not get enough of them. They are the perfect size to freeze the smoothie and there’s room on top for all your favorite toppings.
- 1 cup of spinach or kale or both(I use spinach)
- 1 tablespoon of Chia seeds(Or Flax seeds or both)
- 2 Bananas(I keep plenty in the freezer cut in half so when I need them I have them. Make sure you peel them first.)
- 2 cups of mixed berries(I get the big bag of triple berry blend at BJ’s. You can use whatever variety you like.There’s tropical blend or just strawberries. Sometimes I put the fruit that is gonna go bad in a day or two in the freezer and use that.)
- 1 cup – 2 cups of almond milk(I can’t live without the Califia Toasted Coconut. It’s really good!)
- Place all the ingredients in your blender and blend with as much almond milk as needed to get it to the consistency you like.
- This should make enough to prepare 4 - 6 plastic containers (2-cup containers filled halfway).
- Cover and store in the freezer so they will be ready to go.
- ***Top with a natural no-stir peanut butter, your favorite healthy granola and fresh fruit.***
- ***We usually take them out of the freezer for about 15 minutes before we are ready to eat so it is easier to scoop***