I love Thanksgiving. It is one of my favorite holidays. The food is always amazing and the weather in Florida is perfect. It is usually cool enough so we can open all the doors and windows. While I cook, my family watches the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. It’s just so fun.
And I am so thankful. I am thankful for the good food, a healthy family and the traditions.
Part of the tradition we look forward to every year is the menu. It doesn’t change much from year to year. One thing that is always on there for dessert is pumpkin pie. We love pumpkin pie! I usually make the recipe off the back of the can of pumpkin. And it was always good. But this year I will be stepping up the whole pumpkin pie game with an old recipe I found in my mom’s recipe book. It is delicious! And it will be on my Thanksgiving menu from here on in…
Click here to shop your favorite Pampered Chef Products.
- 1 and 1/2 cups of canned pumpkin(I used Trader Joe's Organic Pumpkin)
- 1 cup of brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon of all spice
- 2 tablespoons of molasses
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix the pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, all spice, and molasses together.
- Mix the eggs in with the other ingredients.
- Slowly pour in the evaporated milk. Whisk until all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Pour mixture slowly into your pie crust. Place on a baking sheet in case any pie mix spills over.
- Cover the edges of the pie crust with a pie crust shield or aluminum(Remove after 30 minutes)
- Bake for 40-50 minute or until done.
- Cool completely and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spread a thick layer of homemade cinnamon whipped cream over the top and dig in!