Father’s Day was on it’s way and I promised to bring dessert. Summer always makes me think of pie. Two of my favorites are, Sweet Cherry Pie and Strawberry Apple Pie. When I went to Publix I ended up picking up 2 cans of strawberry pie filling and was thinking I’d make some sort of pie with that. I ended up searching Pinterest for a LONG time and came across Dump Cakes. Some people don’t like the name because it doesn’t sound very appetizing, but I kind of love it. Knowing that I can dump ingredients in a bowl, bake it and serve a delicious, refreshing dessert makes me love it even more. Yes to dump cakes!! FYI, I will be experimenting and trying every dump cake combo I can. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
This strawberry dump cake is the perfect summer dessert to bring to a friend’s house for a BBQ. Its light, delicious and can feed a crowd. I served it topped with Cinnamon Whipped Cream and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Strawberry Dump Cake
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 2 cans(21 oz. each) of strawberry pie filling. I used Duncan Hines Comstock Simply Strawberry Pie Filling.
- ½ cup of melted butter(1 stick)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 X 13 glass pan.
- Empty both cans of the strawberry pie filling into the pan and spread evenly.
- In a medium bowl combine the cake mix and butter.
- Stir and break up any chunks with a wooden spoon or fork.
- Pour the cake mix over the strawberries and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the strawberry is bubbly and the top is golden brown.
- You can serve it warm or cold. I made it the day before, let it cool, and covered it in the fridge. I topped each piece with a scoop of whipped cream and vanilla ice cream!
***My posts contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Click here to shop for some of my favorite items.