While Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) customer bills are among the lowest in the state and nation, FPL is always looking for ways to help customers make their bills even lower with energy-saving tips and tools. Have you seen the new commercials for the FPL skill on Amazon Alexa?
We have Alexa in our home and we are always looking for ways to use it more. FPL has launched a new skill on Amazon Alexa to help turn their customers into energy experts! Customers can connect with FPL through the Alexa Skill and get tips to save energy and money – all with the power of their voice.
First you have to enable the skill from the Alexa Skill store on Amazon.com. Search for FPL Skill and then click on the “Enable” button. Then say “Alexa, open FPL” to open the skill and then can ask questions like, “How can I lower my energy bill?
Below are a few new tips I learned!
- Do you leave a light on at night for security? Here’s a bright idea: replace one 60-Watt standard light bulb with an LED bulb that’s used for about 12 hours and save $22 a year.
- Did you know your shower can be driving up your energy bill? Replace old showerheads with water-efficient models to cut your hot water usage and save $80 a year in a home with two occupants. Now that’s a safe investment.
- Here’s an easy, no cost tip. Reduce your water heater temperature by 20 degrees – lower the temperature from 140 degrees to 120 degrees and save about $10 a year. You won’t even feel the difference!
- Don’t wash your money away. Use cold water instead of hot water when using your washing machine, and save $30 a year.
- Here’s a home office tip: Use a power strip to turn off your desktop computer and accessories when not in use and you can save $24 a year. Those few extra dollars add up!
Also, make sure to take FPL’s free Online Home Energy Survey by October 31st to be automatically entered to win weekly prizes, including the ecobee4 smart thermostat, as well as the grand prize – a $10,000 Smart Home Energy Makeover. Learn more at FPL.com/EasyToSave
Palm Beach Moms Blog is proud to partner with FPL to promote their new energy saving tools to help save our readers money on their electric bills!